With all the snow in London and New York recently, not to mention various other cities in the northern hemisphere, you’d be forgiven for giving your favorite dress a pass.
If you do plan to venture into dress territory, however, you’ll be pleased to know that the long sleeved dress has put its mark back on the fashion map. Victoria Beckham embraced the look recently when she attended the BFC’s British Fashion Awards wearing her own design. The long sleeves were deftly embellished with crystal embroidery and sharp shoulder pads.
Whether you take a cue from Victoria and go for 80s-inspired glitz, or you prefer to keep things low key, there is a long sleeved dress out there for everyone. The best part? The long sleeved dress is classic and can be worn year round for a chic, in-the-know look.
1. Mesh & Chain Bodycon Dress ($100) from Topshop // We picked this dress for its subtle-yet-sexy look. While the solid black body is classic and chic, the chain embellishments add a little something extra to the dress that will make you stand out. It doesn’t hurt that the rocker-chic element of this dress can be dolled up or played down, leaving you with a dress for all occasions.
2. Fast Sequins Dress ($288) from French Connection // The bright cobalt blue sequins on this dress are certainly what catches the eye first and, if you have a party to go to, this long sleeved dress is perfect for making an entrance. Complete the look by pairing it with black opaque tights and platform pumps.
3. Drea Dress ($246.40, reduced from $352) by Kova & T // To the untrained eye it may seem like a simple little black dress but the faux leather piping gives this dress some added texture. We can see a girl like Erin Wasson loving this dress. For a stylish take on Erin’s style, add lace-up combat boots and a slouchy beanie to the mix.
4. Rose Print Long Sleeve Jersey Dress ($30.59, reduced from $59.49) by Motel // Floral print always adds a flirty aspect to your look. Contrasted with the body-hugging fit of this dress, you are sure to look feminine and forward all at once. Pair this look with a boyfriend blazer or a motorcycle jacket and strappy sandals for a bold look.
5. Double Layer Wrap Dress ($73.50, reduced from $105) by Sweet Pea // With this dress, it’s all about the detail. A classic wrap dress accentuates your curves while the long mesh sleeves are perfectly on trend. This dress would be the ideal choice for someone looking to move from the office to cocktail hour with ease, especially when paired with killer heels.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.