The truly fashion-conscious among us like to style everything, from our outfits right down to our weekend bags. With holiday season right around the corner, we thought we’d have a look for some of the most covetable weekend bags out there, so you can hit the holidays in style.
When it comes to weekend bags and luggage in general, celebrities have a definite favorite in Louis Vuitton. Known the world over for its iconic LV monogram and logo, Louis Vuitton is one of the most familiar brands in the world and there is hardly a single celebrity out there without at least one piece of their luggage.
The Olsen twins prefer to set trends rather than follow them, so we were pretty refreshed to see Mary-Kate with a set of plain black luggage. Her weekend bag, however, was a plush fur mix of brown and cream.
Although we’ve love to showcase Louis Vuitton luggage (especially if we could find some at a fraction of the price), we thought we’d take a leaf out of Mary-Kate’s book and buck the trends. For the Fall 2009/Winter 2010 holiday season, we’re showcasing a gamut of different styles, shapes and sizes; something for everyone.
We have animal prints for the wild at heart and bold geometric patterns for those that like to stand out in the crowd. If you’re a citizen of the world, we have a fair trade bag. Finally, for those that need a ton of accessories, we have a makeup bag that comes as part of a set. You’ll be the most stylish traveler out there this season.
1. Rising Tide Fair Trade Weekend Bag ($220) // Rising Tide Fair Trade are distributors of ethical fashion in the USA and their weekend bags have been seen on celebrities like Frieda Pinto and Maria Bello. The first thing I noticed when I saw RTFT’s weekend bags were how beautiful the prints were. They are crafted from crafted from colorful vintage Indian quilts and have suede piping, straps and base. I have seen these bags in the flesh and they are twice as bright and beautiful as they are in the pictures.
2. LeSportsac Kenya Large Weekender ($108) // The designers at LeSportsac are clearly keeping an eye on the runways as animal prints are a huge trend this season. This set of bags from LeSportsac is perfect for your next wild weekend away, with a zippered pouch included for all your cosmetics. If you’re not into zebras, they also have a leopard print available, as well as two smaller sizes if you’re not prone to over packing.
3. Raincoat Cotton Duffle Bag ($151.20, reduced from $189) by Au// This oversized duffle bag is the perfect choice for the adventurous type. Au has trademarked the laminated cotton that keeps this bag water and stain resistant, so if you’re camping or you run into a natural disaster, you’ll be all set. It has five stylish prints (in earthy colors like green, orange and blue) and is really roomy. The final touch? It is lined in pink nylon!
4. Tote Couture Pleated Laptop Tote ($49.99, reduced from $79.99) // If you prefer to be connected while traveling, this chic laptop tote bag is the one for you. The black and white geometric print is simple but classic, while the faux leather accents give it a stylish touch. The interior is padded to keep your laptop safe and it also has multiple interior pockets for your other bits and pieces, including a cell phone pocket, so you’ll always be available!
5. Posey Large Holdall Bag ($70) // If you like to look cute while still showing off your tough side, this bag is perfect. At first site, this bag might seem sweet but appearances can be deceiving. Behind the colorful posey print lies a smattering of bright blue skeletons, giving your weekend bag that extra edge. This bag is huge and spacious; perfect for packing all those shoe choices that you just know you will need.