Elle magazine has plenty of reasons to celebrate this year. Not only is the glossy celebrating its 25th anniversary this month, but editor-in-chief Robbie Myers—who was named one of the country’s three most powerful fashion editors by Forbes—is also marking her 10th anniversary with the magazine. The New York Post spoke to Robbie Myers about all things Elle—her desk, her office, the “brilliant, strong personalities” she works with, and her commute, among other things—and came up with a list of notable facts. Here are just five things you might not know about Robbie Myers:
1. She keeps a stash of Chanel gowns behind her office door for emergencies.
2. She takes the subway to the office in the morning. When she can, she walks the nearly 40 blocks home, although she claims, “I get no exercise.”
3. Her signature hairdo—a personalized beehive—is inspired by Pebbles Flinstone. “It’s Pebbles without the bone,” she says.
4. Her 9-year-old daughter went to rock camp and formed a band, the Tweedle Dopes.
5. She eats Big Macs twice a week and loves Vitaminwater. “I wish I invented it. It’s Kool-Aid for grownups.”
To learn more, check out the article at NYPost.com.