In our second annual Best Of series, Mama’s A Rolling Stone celebrates the year’s most fashionable celebrities, models, designers and more, from the ladies who rule the red carpet to the stars who give streetwear some serious fashion cred. We’re starting off our five-day series with the Best Of: Celebrity Style 2009, showcasing our favorite fashion muses for the year. Our only lament? Unfortunately we could only pick one outfit from each!
1. Diane Kruger: In April 2009, Diane attended the 6th Annual “New Yorkers For Children” spring dinner dance at New York City’s Mandarin Oriental. For the occasion, Diane chose a violet Marchesa dress.
2. Kate Bosworth: In June 2009, Kate attended the Rodarte Private Dinner at London’s Harvey Nichols. Of course, Kate opted for Rodarte, choosing a fitted cream dress for the occasion!
3. January Jones: At September’s 2009 Primetime Emmy Awards, January wore a gorgeous white Atelier Versace gown and paired it with an Aterlier Versace clutch. She accessorized with Neil Lane jewels and a pair of Jimmy Choo “Keenan” platform sandals.
4. Ashley Olsen: For May’s “Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion” Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, Ashley wore The Row, her own label that she designs alongside twin sister Mary-Kate.
5. Zoe Saldana: At October’s Tokyo premiere of Avatar, Zoe dressed up in a red dress and chunky black sandals by Giambattista Valli and accessorized her outfit with Melinda Maria earrings.
6. Leighton Meester: For October’s Louis Vuitton ready-to-wear show at Cour Carree de Louvre in Paris, France, Leighton wore what else but Louis Vuitton Resort, complete with socks and sandals!
7. Rachel Bilson: While heading out for a bite to eat with her stylist Nicole Chavez, Rachel Bilson stepped out in a chic shirt and tapered pants combo, complete with a pair of Ferragamo’s grey peep-toe heels.
8: Kristen Stewart: Twilight sensation Kristen Stewart dressed down at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards, pairing her embroidered Yigal Azrouël dress with a pair of Converse sneakers, due to an injured ankle.
9. Marion Cotillard: Oscar winner Marion Cotillard stepped out at the Public Enemies premiere in Paris wearing a Christian Dior dress, Chopard jewelry and a pair of John Galliano platform wedges.
10: Blake Lively: Gossip Girl star Blake Lively stole the spotlight in June 2009 when she attended the 2009 CFDA Fashion Awards in New York City, wearing a strapless pink Michael Kors dress.
11. Olivia Palermo: Socialite Olivia Palermo stepped out in a Marc Jacobs dress from his Fall 2009 collection, pairing it with a bright yellow Roberta Freymann clutch and a pair of Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Platform Sandals.
12. Rihanna: Heading out on the town in Hawaii, singer Rihanna rocked a pair of Christian Louboutin suede boots and accessorized her down-to-earth outfit with a bright blue Gucci backpack.
13. Emma Watson: British actress headed out to London Fashion Week in September, attending the Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2010 show. Naturally, Emma wore a gold embellished mini dress by Burberry.
14: Lauren Conrad: Former reality star Lauren Conrad headed out into the LA sun for some shopping and pampering, wearing a bright orange Ecote Geo Wrap Skirt from Urban Outfitters.
15: Chloe Sevigny: New York darling wore a gorgeous mini dress by Kimberly Ovitz paired with her own Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony buckle boots to the Blackberry Tour launch party in New York.