Most mornings, for me, start with a cup of extra bold coffee and a bleary-eyed flick through some of my favorite websites. This morning, I woke with the intense need to shop and, coffee in hand, quickly jumped online to satiate the urge.
Two hours later, I had a handful of things picked out. After making a mental list of the reasons why I shouldn’t be shopping, I realized there was a common theme in my picks. Most likely brought on by the summer heat (finally) I was going for ethnic style, with a dash of African safari. It started with the virtual hunt for a new nail color. I’ve been trying to find the perfect shade of hot pink for a while and stumble across Sephora by OPI’s new Digital Diva collection. From there, I headed over to Southwestern Jewelry to check out their vintage ring collection when I came upon this incredible oversized coral ring. Somewhere between finding the red feather headband by Laura Kranitz and unearthing the leopard print monokini at Wet Seal, I realized I was on a virtual shopping safari of my own.
1. Digital Diva Collection from Sephora by OPI, $9 a bottle.
2. Minkpink Platoon Anorak from Urban Outfitters, $128
3. Leopard Monokini from Wet Seal, $14.90
4. Cut Out Zebra Dress by Obesity & Speed from Pixie Market, $115
5. Capri Expandable Wire Bangles from Alex & Ani, 348
6. Ava Short Headband by Laura Kranitz from 80s Purple, $42
7. Linen Ikat Contrast Skirt from Forever21, 14.80
8. Scribble Print Short from Topshop, $20
9. Large Coral Stone Ring from Southwestern Jewelry, $375
10. Landucci Sandals from Aldo, $19.98