With New Years Eve just around the corner, an assortment of bright and bold shoes was an absolute necessity when it came time to make our picks for December’s edition of Chic Shoe Buys. Although the snow is still settled on the ground outside, we couldn’t help but throw in a few open-toed heels for the girls in warmer climates.
On that note, we have, as always, tried to make our picks as diverse as possible – from flat boots to heeled boots, from bright colors to classic black – there is something for everyone. Of course, a few shoe trends have managed to sneak their way into our picks – thigh-high boots are a fall must. Similarly, while studs have been lingering for a while, they don’t show any signs of fading away. With that, we present our Chic Shoe Buys for December.
1. Braxton Booties with Studded Straps ($240) by Dolce Vita // Even if you’re not the rocker-chic type, it’s hard to look past this pair of ankle booties, especially when they come in both taupe and black. The stud detail and oversized buckle add an edgy element to your look, while the smooth leather keeps things chic and refined. We suggest pairing these with a floral mini dress and black tights for a tough-yet-feminine look.
2. Beynon Boots ($140) from Aldo // These rugged boots, while still rocking the stud trend, have a little more edge than our previous pick. Reminiscent of the See by Chloe studded boots that have been worn by Rachel Bilson, these will give you that same look for a budget-friendly price. Pair them with blue skinny jeans and an oversized cardigan for a casual-yet-stylish look.
3. Sophia Ruffle Thigh Hi Boot ($298) from Free People // These thigh high boots are nothing short of perfect! Similar in style to the boots that Carine Roitfeld has been sporting, they will give you that extra dose of Parisian chic which no girl should do without. Pair them with super-tight skinny jeans for an ultra sleek look, or throw them over black tights and add a bandage dress.
4. The Elkie ($89) by and exclusive to Nine West // There is nothing better than finding the perfect strappy sandal just days before New Year’s Eve, especially when it comes in a variety of colors. Although our favorite is this orange reptile print, we are also particularly enamored with the green reptile print which has just been restocked. The faux-reptile adds some much-needed texture to the shoe, while the 5″ heel gives you just the right amount of height to wow the New Year’s crowds.
5. Zene Sandal ($325) by L.A.M.B. // We have saved one of our favorites for last with this pair of wedges by L.A.M.B., the line designed by signer Gwen Stefani. As always, Gwen has brought her ultra-cool sense of style to the design process and these wedges have some of Gwen’s signature elements. First up, the two-tone, black and white effect – a must-have look that has been seen in many of Gwen’s designs. Next, the 3.5″ heel – an absolute necessity for a petite girl. Finally, the leather straps and adjustable buckles that give the shoe that rock/pop edge while letting you get around with ease. Do as Gwen would and pair these with a cropped top and drop-crotch pants for a totally unique look.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.