Consider us obsessed with shoes. Every month, when it comes time to write our Chic Shoe Buys story, we find ourselves delayed as we ponder over the masses of shoe porn available on the internet. We’re like the Carrie Bradshaw of the internet.
To kick off our February edition of Chic Shoe Buys, we started with the pair of bright red gumboots you see on the right. After all, winter is nearly over and soon it will be time for music festivals and summer festivities. Of course, we had to throw in a great pair of killer heels and a comfortable pair of stylish flats. All in all, we have a little something for every occasion.
As always, we have tried to keep within a budget that even the most avid shoe fanatic can handle. Hopefully you love our picks as much as we do. With that, we present our Chic Shoe Buys for February.
1. Black Lattice Suede Percy Platform Pumps ($130) by Report Signature // A great pair of platform pumps is a necessity in any shoe-lovers closet and this particular pair are eye-catching, to say the least. The half-inch front platform adds some essential height, while the cage detail around the body of the shoe – complete with silvertone beads – adds just the right amount of embellishment. Wear these with a super-tight black bandage dress for a sexy, chic look.
2. Aimee Flat ($69) by Lucky Brand // There is no better way to jazz up a casual outfit than by adding a pair of printed ballet flats. The tie-dye print on this pair lends itself perfectly to the scuba-inspired trend we saw in Proenza Schouler’s spring show. Wear these with cuffed shorts and a floaty, printed top for a down-to-earth, natural look.
3. Original Wellington Rain Boots ($115) by Hunter // Though Kate Moss is known for sparking trends, it is hard to believe that she made a pair of gumboots the must-have footwear for music festivals. But if anyone can, Kate can. If you’re heading to a muddy, summer music festival, these red gumboots are perfect. They have that essential pop of color and would look great paired with a mini dress and an extra-small biker jacket.
4. Serrious Strappy Flat Sandal ($59.95) by Steve Madden // A gorgeous pair of sandals will take you straight through the warmer seasons in style. This pair, in a green reptile print, will add a small pop of color to your outfit without going overboard. These would look great with a pair of skinny jeans, a floral tank top and a fedora, or simply paired with a flared skirt and a plain tee.
5. Tick Edge Bootie ($200) by Jeffrey Campbell // These wedge booties are a great way to add a cool, rock & roll element to your look. The black leather starts the look off, but the silver studs around the wedge heel really add that final edgy touch. Pair these with leather skinny pants and a plain white tank top for a casual-yet-cool look that is completely effortless. Add a dash of nail-polish to enhance the peep-toe at the front.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.