It is 2010 and one thing is certain: our love of shoes is going absolutely nowhere. From buckled booties to two-toned Oxfords, we are happily stepping into the new year in style with six lovely options that are sure to put the focus on your feet.
To kick off our first edition of Chic Shoe Buys for the year, we decided to concentrate our attention on lighthearted, fun buys. After all, no matter where you are in the world right now, one thing is for sure: milder weather is just around the corner, be it spring or fall. Therefore, we thought that our picks should be as convenient and cool as possible.
As always, there is something for every occasion, whether it’s a spring party or a fall music festival; you’re sure to find something you love. With that, we present our Chic Shoe Buys for January.
1. Oxford Wing Tip Lace-Up Shoe ($24.99) from Charlotte Russe // A pair of two-tone Oxford shoes is a great way to spice up your outfit. The androgynous look is always in, if you do it right. Stars like Sienna Miller and Agyness Deyn love their Oxfords; do as they do and pair them with cropped cigarette jeans and boyfriend blazers, then add a feminine touch like a floral top or an accessory overload.
2. Marty 2 Buckle Boots ($70) from Topshop // I am slightly obsessed with these buckled boots from Topshop. The flat ankle boot is a great look for rock concerts and festivals and the buckled straps give you a hardened look. Pair these with a pair of grey skinny jeans, a chunky cardigan and a pair of oversized sunglasses for a cool-yet casual look
3. Leopard Effect Flat Ballerina ($28.90) by London Rebel // There is no better way to jazz up a casual outfit than by adding a pair of printed ballet flats. Similar in style to the ballet flats that Kate Moss knows and loves, these will be perfect for those long days out shopping and running errands. Pair them with skinny jeans or a high-waisted skirt in black and you’ll be good to go.
4. Swirl Leather Platform Sandal ($69.95) by SM Luxe // A gorgeous pair of platform sandals are an essential item in any girls closet. This pair of black platforms has all the major ingredients necessary when you’re looking for your new pair: an elastic strap to keep your foot stable, a leather body with on-trend cut outs and a daring design that has just the right amount of pizzazz.
5. Cuffed Suede Sandal ($69) by Chinese Laundry, available in toast and black // These sandals are a great way to add a hint of boho to your outfit. They are cool enough for the spring/summer season, but the wrapped ankle will give the effect of a cute pair of slouchy boots. Pair these with a floaty, floral dress or a pair of distressed denim shorts. Keep your hair long and loose and add a straw fedora for the ultimate in hippie cool.
6. Mason Suede Platform Pumps ($350) by Elizabeth & James, available in pink, green and yellow // Leave it the Olsen twins to shock us with a move away from black. These platform pumps come in three bright and fun shades of sorbet that will leave you yearning for the warmer months. Pair these with a bright sun dress and add a waist belt for a great summer look.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.