As the party season arrives, a selection of bold, bright and bedazzled shoes are a must-have in any girl’s closet. For November, we knew that our selections for Chic Shoe Buys had to be slightly more festive than usual. Metallic fabrics and sequins were high on the list, as were bright colors and bold patterns.
Similarly, we also knew that our selections had to offer up something for everyone, from a sneaker for the sportier girl to a wedge heel for the girl who loves some extra height; we wanted to showcase a variety of styles. Finally, with Christmas around the corner, we kept all our picks under $150, making them a nice, guilt-free addition to any Christmas list. Our Chic Shoe Buys for November might just be our favorite yet.
1. Worn-In Sequin Chucks ($98) by Jack Pursells, exclusively at Free People // Even if you are not the sneaker type, it’s hard to look past a pair of All Star chucks like these, especially when they are embellished with a set of bright blue, on trend sequins. We suggest pairing these with a pair of super-tight skinny jeans and a flirty, feminine top for an androgynous look that checks all the right boxes.
2. Greta Wedge Boot ($32.80) from Forever21 // These wedge boots are the perfect pair of shoes if you want to get an edgier look this party season. Bring out your tough side by pairing these boots with leather-look skinny pants and a black top for a sleek, classic look. Or, add some punch to a more feminine look by pairing these boots with a bright, floral dress.
3. Red-y When You Are Boots ($54.99) from ModCloth // Thigh high boots are the go-to boot this fall/winter season and a pair in bright red are certain to make you stand out. Red always looks good with a deep blue so pair these boots with a pair of indigo skinny jeans and a floral bed jacket for a bohemian-luxe look that would make Nicole Richie proud.
4. Ronnie Jazz Oxford Flats ($130) by Boutique 9 // The androgynous look is huge right now and there is no better way to feature the look than by adding a pair of Oxford shoes to your fall/winter wardrobe. With their metallic finish, this pair by Boutique 9 will keep you in the feminine camp while adding a lively and exciting edge to your look. Finally, the crackled leather adds a broken-in edge to the shoe, which is ideal for those who like that ‘not trying too hard’ look.
5. Colorblock Wedge ($88) by Deena & Ozzy // We have saved the best for last with this pair of wedges by Deena & Ozzy, our favorite shoes this month. So what was it that we loved so much? Firstly, we loved the colorblock print, which comes in either purple and black or beige and black. Secondly, the wrapped wedge heel which is perfectly on trend. Thirdly, the slight peep toe and cut-out detail around the ankle. Lastly, a 3″ heel is an obvious must-have. While it remains warm, we’d pair these wedges with a tight bandage dress and a pair of opaque tights. As it gets colder, skinny jeans and a cape coat will keep this look fresh.