As we sat down to make our selections for October’s edition of Chic Shoe Buys, the steady sound of drizzling rain could be heard in the background. While it was hard, we struggled past the obvious option of including six pairs of leather boots and instead, we found you options for every occasion, in every climate.
Heading into November, we thought it prudent to offer choices that could move smoothly from day to night. All six of these options, heeled or not, have the versatility to transcend the work day and move into the cocktail hour. With Christmas parties just around the corner, the modern-day girl doesn’t always have time to change her look which is why our Chic Shoe Buys are right on schedule.
1. Moas Ankle Boots ($53.99) by Simply Vera Vera Wang // It’s hard to look past a pair of ankle boots like these, especially when the price tag is so low and the label has Vera Wang’s name on it. The soft grey suede sets the tone for the colder months while the criss-cross straps add a light, feminine touch. We suggest pairing these with a pair of skinny jeans and a sheer blouse for a casual, flirty look.
2. Capone Oxford ($128) by Jeffrey Campbell // Oxford shoes have been seen on a ton of celebrities lately, from Agyness Deyn to Sienna Miller, and this pair of two-toned saddle shoes by Jeffrey Campbell are set to bring you to the forefront of fashion. The contrast of dark blue with nude tones give the shoe a contemporary look while the stud detail along the top add a tough edge.
3. Women’s Cher Shoe ($152) by Dolce Vita // A pair of strappy sandals are an absolute necessity in every girls closet but the key is to find a pair that can be worn all year round. Dolce Vita’s suede, birdcage platforms are perfect for partying the night away! We recommend pairing them with a floral, bohemian dress and opaque tights for an opulent, 70s luxe look.
4. Buckled Heel Boot ($215) by Jeffrey Campbell // Somewhat reminiscent of the studded Chloe ankle boots seen on celebrities like Kate Bosworth and Sienna Miller, this pair of heeled booties from Jeffrey Campbell would be perfect with a pair of skinny jeans or leather cigarette pants. The gold stud detailing adds a little sparkle to the look while the buckle straps give you a look that screams biker chic. For those that prefer a dressier look, wear them with a long-sleeve dress, another trend that is making its way onto the scene.
5. Agna Lace Up Booties ($264) by Charlotte Ronson // This pair of booties were the stand-out item for us this month, especially with the sound of rain at the window. Our eyes couldn’t help but wander straight to the sweater fabric insert. Like an extra pair of socks, the knit banding will keep your feet warm and cozy in the winter, while the zipper detail and buckled straps keep you on the fashionable side of the fence. What more could a girl ask for? Perhaps a stacked heel? Trust Charlotte Ronson to give us a pair of booties that have it all.
6. Leeloo Boots ($47.99) from ModCloth // While we love the heeled options this month, a pair of flat boots can go a long way in winter. Whether you wear this super-stylish pair with jeans or a mini dress and tights, you’re sure to turn heads. For the finishing touch, match the silver buckle straps to a similarly strapped satchel bag.