Forget runway shows for just a minute—the second day of New York Fashion Week also played host to Fashion’s Night Out, the global shopping extravaganza and recession-busting brainchild of Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. All around America, fashion fans and shopping addicts partied, celebrated, and shopped up a storm, with a slew of industry insiders and celebrities on hand to help and inspire. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen judged a karaoke contest at Barneys, Nicole Richie sang karaoke at Bergdorf Goodman, and supermodel Naomi Campbell hit the dance floor at Dolce & Gabbana. It was party time all round! For further details, read on!
Alexander McQueen designed a limited edition snake print bracelet ($190) exclusively for Fashion’s Night Out. Fans can choose from a rainbow of snake print, and each bracelet is ornamented with a skull charm. Available at AlexanderMcQueen.com.
Chanel’s sought-after limited edition Les Khakis de Chanel collection was a major hit at the newly-reopened Chanel boutique in New York. The collection of military-inspired hues—Khaki Brun, Khaki Vert, and Khaki Rose—is still available at Chanel.com. Each color is $25; the set is $75.
Makeup artist Gucci Westman created an exclusive shade of lipstick to complement Rag & Bone’s spring show: Fashion’s Night Pout, a slick nude hue. If you didn’t score this exclusive lipstick on Fashion’s Night Out, pay close attention to Revlon’s Facebook page: a few lipsticks will be given away throughout September.
- Watch designer Michael Kors perform Wicked’s “Defying Gravity,” alongside Broadway legend Idina Menzel. [NY Mag]
- Follow Nicole Richie on Fashion’s Night Out [NY Mag]
- Shopping with the Stars at Fashion’s Night Out [InStyle]
- See Party Pics from Fashion’s Night Out [NY Mag]
- Behind the Scenes at Naomi Campbell’s Rehearsal for Fashion’s Night Out [Fashionista]
- Fashion Conquers New York City’s Streets [Elle]
- FNO Recap: Tory Burch Burgers, Tavi, And Too Many People [Styleite]
- Fashion’s Night Out – Street Style in New York City [Stylelist]
- Snaps From Our FNO Party With DVF [Refinery29]
- We Survived Fashion’s Night Out, Here’s What We Saw [Fashionista]
- Courtney Love Will Shop for Ball Gowns Whenever She Pleases, and Everything Else We Learned at Fashion’s Night Out [NY Mag]
Images: Getty, Patrick McMullan