Dazed & Confused is one of those classic, coming-of-age films that will instantly make you wish you had grown up in the 1970s. Not just for the music and the laidback, breezy attitudes, but for the denim, leather and floral prints that make up the fashion.
The film is a “day in the life” of several Texan teenagers as they leave school for the last time and embark on the rest of their life. They finish their last classes, spend the evening at the Emporium listening to music, then hold an impromptu keg party and stay up until the sun rises.
A quick glance at the style of the era says the movie was spot on; from bell-bottom jeans to fringed vests and long, wavy hair, the girls in Dazed & Confused were hippies at heart. Get ready for a hazy trip back in time with February’s edition of Film Fashion.
- Oversized 70s Sunglasses ($30) from Topshop
- Fringed Leather Vest ($187.65) by Torn
- Leather Stud Belt ($29.50) by AE
- Circle Colored Beret ($8.80) from Heritage1981
- Love Story Low Rise Bell Bottom Jean ($89) by J Brand
- Ditsy Peasant Top ($19.50) from Wet Seal
- High Waisted Hotpants ($60) from Topshop
- Wave Vision Dress ($27.80) from Forever21
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.