Before Sienna Miller hit the headlines for her personal life, she was making waves in the fashion world for her “boho” style. Her fashion in the film Alfie seemed to have a direct influence on her personal style – though she helped style her character, Nikki, with clothes from her own closet.
Here’s how to get Sienna’s boho look from Alfie:
MAKE UP, HAIR & JEWELRY
– While keeping her make up on her skin and lips minimal, Sienna went all out on her eyes. Think smoky black eyes, long false eyelashes and heavy black eyeliner.
– When it comes to jewelry, you want to go for gypsy-style earrings with beads and large hoops. Also spend some money on a silver pendant that can be worn on a heavy, thick chain and some bangles. Go for 60s silver.
– Sienna’s hairstyle in Alfie was excellent – long, wavy blonde hair (with extensions) and thick, choppy bangs. Her hair was a beautiful, honey-white blonde.
CLOTHES & ACCESSORIES
– Invest in a wide-brimmed, floppy felt hat. This adds a bohemian touch to any outfit plus it emphasizes the bangs. For those days when it’s not appropriate to wear a hat, tie a printed scarf around your hair.
– When it comes to sleeping/seducing, go for silk camis, boy briefs or your man’s shirt.
– The ultimate in boho chic is a fur gilet (try faux fur!) – wear it over your leather jackets, your slouchy dresses or with a pair of jeans – it’s the most versatile piece in your closet!
– Slinky dresses with mod prints or sequined edges are perfect – anything 60s/70s is a Sienna/Nikki must!
– For days out roaming the city, wear a pair of skin-tight leather boots that go over the knee – either with spray-on jeans or mini dresses.