The Runaways, in theatres now, chronicles the rise to stardom of two teen rebels, Joan Jett and Cherie Currie. Set in the mid-70s, the two emerge from the youth of Los Angeles to form the now-legendary girl band, The Runaways, and pave the way for rocker women all around the world.
When it comes to fashion, the two stars, Joan and Cherie, couldn’t be more different. Joan Jett, who became known for her shag haircut and signature black-on-black style, has a rocker chic aesthetic that is rough around the edges. On the other side of the spectrum is Cherie. Starting out as a clean-cut, California blonde, she adopted a glamour-puss look that consisted of lace-edged bustiers and platform boots.
Whether you prefer Joan’s raw style or Cherie’s sex kitten appeal, get ready for a rebellious trip back in time with March’s edition of Film Fashion.
- Flower Stud Patent Leather Bracelet ($47.60) by Rebecca Minkoff
- Iridescent Butterfly Top ($83) by Free People
- Corrina Campus Wedge ($178) by Frye
- 722 Lightweight Love Story Jeans ($209) by J Brand
- Denim Vest ($29.95) by AE
- Bubble Wrap Polarized Aviator Sunglasses ($159) by Ray-Ban
- Avery Washed Leather Moto Jacket ($240) by BB Dakota
- Chuck Taylor Slim High Top Sneaker ($49.95) by Converse
- Skinny Double Belt ($16.50) by Nollie
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.