This collection of clothes by Isabel Marant – they are beyond incredible. It reminds me slightly of Marni, slightly of Balmain, but also has this totally unique, bohemian look. I want every piece.
I love the ethnic earrings and the studded boots that they have paired with every outfit.
1. Love the sheer, floral white top with the simple black skirt and boots. It adds a boho-esque touch while still being really simple. This could be dressed up at night time by adding heels. I also love the hint of color with the blue bracelet.
2. Again, a simple, floaty dress with a leather belt. The addition of the coat is what really does this for me – it adds a slight edge and I love the blue color. I think an army green would’ve worked well here, too. This is something Kate Hudson would probably wear.
3. Cute Mexican-style embroidery, which seems to have been really popular for almost two years now. This reminds me a little of Anna Sui, though I’m sure Anna would’ve paired it with floral tights. Love the blue, red and white – very Americana!
4. Incredible cut-outs on the top, paired with a slouchy but structured coat. Not sure if the bottom is a floral skirt or a pair of billowy pants – I am hoping it is a skirt. The oversized blazer/coat is what does it for me with this outfit.
5. Perfection! Sheer, lace top with the floral skirt – this is the most Marni-esque, I think, circa 2002. This really works well with the boots, as it adds a tougher element to the outfit, which, without the boots, might have been a little hippie-ish.