Emma Roberts is one of the brightest up-and-coming stars in the world of film, but here at Mama’s A Rolling Stone, we happen to believe she is also one of the fastest-rising stars in the world of celebrity style. After all, whether she is making an appearance on the red carpet, attending a fashion week party, hitting the shops in Los Angeles, or heading out to dinner with friends, she always manages to inspire us with her casual yet chic ensembles. On that note, if you, too, love Emma’s personal style, we’re sure you’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration in today’s It Girl story!
1. Just last week, Emma was spotted out and about in Beverly Hills, where she popped into the Chanel boutique for a spot of shopping! Her ensemble for the day—a striped knit sweater, skinny black jeans, and thigh-high riding boots—is casual yet chic, which makes it perfect for the girl-on-the-go. To recreate this ensemble, grab a striped sweater, such as Jamison’s Tracey Sweater ($182) or Topshop’s Knitted Rose Stripe Cable Jumper ($80), and then layer it over your favorite pair of skinny jeans. To finish, add a pair of Candela’s Leather Pirate Elastic Black Tall Boots ($258).
2. When the final Kate Moss for Topshop collection launched last year, fans pounced, and it seems that Emma was no exception—her pretty red poppy-print dress is an iconic Kate Moss for Topshop piece! We love the way Emma has styled her dress the way Kate would—by pairing it with simple patent ballet flats and dark sunglasses, the dress looks summery and chic all at once. To recreate this outfit for yourself, try pairing Pepe Jeans’ Silk Mix Flower Frill Front Dress ($152.41) or Topshop’s Anemone Print Jersey Dress ($60) with Tory Burch’s Eddie Patent Ballet Flats ($178).
3. Nothing looks more effortlessly chic than a little black dress. For proof, just look at the ensemble Emma put together for last year’s MET Gala. Her outfit—an LBD and platform pumps—has a classic vibe, but it still feels fresh and age-appropriate. You can put together a similarly chic look by purchasing Rory Beca’s Alexis Open Back Bubble Dress ($238), Preen Line’s Jenny Stretch-Cotton Mini Dress ($530), or See by Chloé’s Ruffled Jacquard Dress ($224). Then, simply couple your LBD of choice with Miss KG’s Dahlia Platform Strap Suede Court Shoes ($152.41) and you are ready to go!
4. Last November, Emma attended the launch part of Google’s Boutiques.com shopping site in New York City. Her outfit for the night was the perfect choice for a fun fashion industry event. She paired a sheer leopard-print blouse with tapered trousers, and then added black platform pumps. The result? A sophisticated ensemble that has a hint of playfulness about it. To compose an equally stylish look, pair Equipment’s Sydney Leopard Print Blouse ($198) or Moschino Cheap & Chic’s Silk Chiffon Polka Dot Ruffle Blouse ($408.99) with Blank’s Drawstring Twill Pants ($39.99) and Steve Madden’s Horizonn Heels ($79.95).
5. One thing we unequivocally love about Emma is the way she has fun with fashion. Case in point: for a pre-Oscar dinner last week, Emma paired dressy shorts with a slinky bow-embellished top, and a tweed jacket—the look is smart and sophisticated, with a twist of Parisian-chic. With a dash of red lipstick, we have no doubt Emma turned heads! You can put together an equally tasteful look by tucking Coast’s Brianna Tie Blouse ($58.27) into Marc By Marc Jacobs’ Ponte Knit Shorts ($158). Then, simply add DSquared2’s Cropped Jacket ($361.80), opaque tights, and a pair of platform heels.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.
Photos: Billy Farrell Agency, Fame Pictures, Getty Images, XposurePhotos.com