Whether it is her daring sense of personal style, her friendly smile, her to-die-for locks, or all of the above, there is something about The Roommate actress Leighton Meester that makes her stand out in a crowd. Here at Mama’s A Rolling Stone, however, we’re really only concerned with the first option—her personal style—which brings us to today’s story. If you love the way Leighton consistently surprises us with her fearless ensembles—whether it is a lace Marchesa jumpsuit or a dress hot off the Proenza Schouler runway—we’re sure you’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration in today’s It Girl story! Read on!
1. Back in September, Leighton attended Derek Lam’s spring runway show at New York Fashion Week wearing an all-white ensemble. We just love the fresh and clean vibe that this outfit exudes—not to mention, this is a great way to start off your spring shopping! To recreate this ensemble, layer Topshop’s Scallop Hem Top ($60) over Riller & Fount’s Hurley Long Sleeve Shirt Tail Mini ($82) or ASOS’s 60s Waisted Ponte Dress ($43.03). For contrast, team your ensemble with a pair of Steven by Steve Madden’s Calah Ankle Boots ($229.95).
2. Every girl has a LBD, which is exactly why we picked this lovely look—which Leighton wore to the re-opening of the Chanel boutique in New York last September—for inspiration. Leighton used her LBD as a base and then put together a classic and chic ensemble using accessories—specifically, a statement necklace, round-toed pumps, and, naturally, a Chanel bag. To recreate this outfit for yourself, grab Adam’s Ruffled Silk Dress ($310) or Wink’s Dani Dress ($215). Then, simply add Cole Haan’s Stephanie Air Mary Jane Pumps ($298) and BCBGMaxAzria’s Tribal-Inspired Necklace ($108).
3. For the Los Angeles premiere of Country Strong, Leighton wore a floral Christian Dior dress and coral Pierre Hardy wedges. Not only does this ensemble stay true to Leighton’s young-at-heart aesthetic, it gives the red carpet a youthful touch that we love. Plus, it’s perfect for a girls’ night out or a summer party! You can put together a similarly playful look by grabbing Marc By Marc Jacobs’ Artie Abstract Dress ($328) or Jill Stuart’s Cameron Dress ($850) and coupling it with Topshop’s Lila Coral Bow Platform Sandals ($185).
4. Last year, Leighton was spotted on the Gossip Girl set wearing a tank, scalloped shorts, and a pair of killer platform heels. Her outfit is simple yet stylish, which is perfect for the girl-on-the-go. Plus, with the addition of a smart blazer, this ensemble easily moves from day to night. To put together an equally unfussy look, pair Topshop’s Drop Arm Marl Crop ($24) with ASOS’s Lace Shorts ($53.79). Then, simply add a pair of Guess’s Kilon Stilettos ($130) or, if you prefer a low-key look, DKNY’s Elin Woven Strappy Sandals ($189).
5. Leighton clearly loves fashion, as evidenced by the array of ensembles she put together for fashion week last September. Our favorite? The look she put together to attend an event at the Chloe boutique on Fashion’s Night Out. While her pleated skirt and ruffled blouse created a sophisticated silhouette, the surprising color scheme is what really makes this outfit stand out. You can put together a comparable look by tucking Warehouse’s Ruffle Blouse ($80.69) into DKNY’s Pleated Miniskirt ($88.50). A pair of Nine West’s Trurman Knee-High Boots ($91.74) finishes the look.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.
Photos: Getty Images, PacificCoastNews.com, Patrick McMullan