Whether she is dressed down in skinny jeans for an appearance at the MTV studios, or lighting up the red carpet in a little black dress, one thing is certain: Ohio-born model Brooklyn Decker never fails to impress us with her consistent array of stylish ensembles. Accordingly, we think Brooklyn is the perfect pick for our latest Model Style story! So, what is it about Brooklyn’s style that makes her stand out? Read on to find out and make sure you take notes as we’re sure you’ll find plenty of ideas and inspiration in today’s edition of Model Style.
1. Every girl knows that it takes stamina to shop, and, in turn, a comfortable yet chic ensemble. In August, Brooklyn was spotted out and about in New York City in an ideal shopping outfit: a lightweight sweater, denim cut-offs, and chunky flat biker boots. This dressed-down look is easy to assemble, and is made up of wardrobe basics, some of which you may already have lurking in your closet. If not, we suggest picking up KAIN Label’s Naomi Sweater ($204) or ByCorpus’s Cropped Sweater ($34.99) and pairing it with Siwy’s Camilla Cut Off Denim Shorts ($158). For a rocker twist, add Jeffrey Campbell’s Brit Wrap Strap Booties ($230).
2. Every girl should have a balanced mix of statement pieces and wardrobe staples and we believe three of those staples should be a timeless trench coat, a great pair of skinny jeans, and a pair of ankle boots. If you need convincing, just look at the third outfit above, which Brooklyn wore to the MTV studios last month. Her ensemble is smart and effortlessly chic, which makes it perfect for the modern girl-on-the-go. Ready to try this look? Couple DKNY’s Wool Abby Double-Breasted Trenchcoat ($191.99) with a pair of Diesel’s Zivy Skinny Jeans ($126). Then, simply add Enzo Angiolini’s Rachey Booties ($56.29) or G By Guess’s Favist Boots ($29.99).
3. There were plenty of glam-grunge looks on the fall 2010 runways—brands such as Michael Kors and Charlotte Ronson spring to mind—so we were thrilled to see Brooklyn making the glam-grunge look her own at an event in Dallas last month. Brooklyn’s Nirvana tee is balanced nicely with a pair of sequined shorts and platform sandals, resulting in an off-duty look that is unique and fun, all at once. To replicate Brooklyn’s ultra-cool ensemble, pair Brooklyn’s exact top – Chaser’s Nirvana Slouchy Raglan ($60) – with a pair of Iro’s Marie Sequin Shorts ($350). Then, simply add ASOS’s Haven Block Heel Suede Platform Sandals ($17.34) and a pair of opaque tights.
4. Two of the biggest trends this spring are prints and bold color, so we were excited to see Brooklyn trying both at the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit on Location party in Los Angeles last month. Not only do we love the contrast between her chic black leather jacket and the sunny yellow hue of her dress, but we also love the way her jacket has given the dress an edgy twist. To assemble an equally stylish ensemble, pick up Motel’s Roco Loco Pippa Dress ($84) or Milly’s Squares Maggie Belted Shift Dress ($360) and layer it under Victoria’s Secret’s Soft Washed Leather Motorcycle Jacket ($198). Finish with Bruno Magli’s Amone Platform Sandals ($249.90).
5. When you have a favorite little black dress, the styling options are endless, which is why we are always on the lookout for some fresh LBD inspiration. Last month, Brooklyn was spotted at an event in Las Vegas wearing a strapless LBD and a pair of black ankle boots. We love how simple and effortlessly chic she looks—every girl can create a similar outfit with minimal fuss. You can start by picking up BCBGeneration’s Strapless Sheath Dress ($79.99) or Sparkle & Fade’s Stretch Seamed Bodycon Dress ($19.99). Then, simply add Giuseppe Zanotti’s Suede Tie Detail Booties ($636) or Steve Madden’s Chelseey Ankle Boots ($101.98).
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.
Photos: Getty Images, INFdaily, PacificCoastNewsOnline