There’s a moment (or two) every season when we see that perfect outfit on the runway and we know that we just have to have it. Like, we won’t be complete without it. It’s always a bit of a downer when, just a few minutes later, we realize it is going to cost an arm and a leg to get this exact outfit into our closet. Sounds familiar, right?
This amazing look from Dsquared2 is just one of the many, many outfits we have been looking to for inspiration as we ponder our closets this fall. From the grunge-inspired lumberjack shirt tied casually around the waist to the on-trend leather pants, it’s a look that can easily be imitated without breaking the bank. Which is the whole point of Runway To Reality, yes?
1. Sling Back Chain Heel ($32.50) from Wet Seal // When you see a pair of shoes like these amazing, chain-embellished black heels, it’s hard to picture yourself spending a Saturday night without them. These sling backs from Wet Seal will give you that same tough-but-sexy look at a very affordable price.
2. Distressed Leather Leggings ($16.99) from Charlotte Russe // Dquared2’s pair of leather pants evoked a totally chic, rocker vibe that would give Kate Moss a run for her money. Leather pants and leggings were everywhere on the Fall 2009 catwalks, meaning now is the time to grab yourself some! These distressed leggings from Charlotte Russe are perfect for layering with a sleeveless tee and boots.
3. Guitar Charm Necklace ($35) by Lucky Brand // Many of the outfits that came down the runway at Dsquared2 were layered with the coolest of accessories, including a simple chain necklace with a selection of charms. This guitar pick necklace from Lucky Brand is the ultimate concert piece and is a quick pick-me-up for any outfit.
4. Vita Fede Black Chiave Cuff ($113) from Max & Chloe // A stack of bracelets on your arm is a trend worn by celebrities far and wide and Dsquared2 were happy to participate last season. This amazing cuff from Max & Chloe has the perfect amount of thickness, especially when paired with a pile of thin gold bracelets.
5. Black and White Western Plaid Shirt ($51) from Chickdowntown // Although it wouldn’t commonly be classed as an accessory, the way Dsquared2 casually draped this plaid shirt around the waist of their model? Definitely meant to accentuate the look! This black and white version by JAK will give you a similarly casual style.
6. Multi Print Top ($20.50) from Wet Seal // Your Dsquared2-inspired look wouldn’t be complete without a rock-chic tee similar to the one they sent down the runway. This cute tee from Wet Seal, with its zipper detail, will put the finishing touch on your outfit, leaving you with a tough and confident look that is hard to break.
7. Victorian Romance Vest ($76) from Chickdowntown’s Vintage Collection // We are huge proponents of mixing your vintage finds with newer purchases and this vintage vest is an ideal piece to get the Dsquared2 look. The faux pearls on the pockets are eerily reminiscent of the real thing. (On a side note, if you want the real thing, Dsquared2’s Denim Vest is available at Zappos for $499).