For the last few seasons, Balmain designer Christophe Decarnin has had girls all around the world swooning over his bedazzled, rocker-chic creations. For his Spring 2010 collection, Decarnin didn’t disappoint; once again, he created a look that included all of his signature embellishments, with an added military-chic twist to keep us guessing.
Distressed denim and torn tees were paired with low-slung, studded belts and sequined military jackets; jagged suede and leather skirts were mixed with super-tight leather tops and lace-up ankle boots in khaki and black. The collection was over-the-top yet brilliant.
As with all our favorite collections, the genius comes at an extravagant price. Enter our monthly edition of Runway To Reality, where we feature a selection of buys that will help you create a runway-inspired outfit at a budget-friendly price. If you love the Balmain look, but can’t afford the hefty price tag, this story is for you.
- Boxy & Batty Top ($68) by Free People
- Stud Details Jean Belt ($55) from Topshop
- Expedition Patch Shirt ($19.90) from H81
- Matte Sequin Jacket ($208) by Antik Batik
- Ace Leather Strapped Lace-Up Ankle Boot ($78.63) from Asos
- Ruffle Shorts ($238) by Tibi
- Gwenevere In Sportif Denim ($109) by 7 For All Mankind
- Metallic Silk-Blend Bow Dress ($152) by Moschino Cheap & Chic
- Denim Shorts ($127) by Kettle Black
- Crinklette Military Jacket ($39.80) from Forever21
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.