Our celebrity style-radars have been in overdrive for the last few weeks, with Fashion Week (both New York and London) and the Emmy Awards, among others. If you have been overwhelmed with all the stars stepping out in their most fashionable duds, it’s time to breathe a sigh of relief.
Today we’re heading back down to earth with some street-wise inspiration from some anonymous fashionistas. For September, we wanted our Street Chic picks to feature girls that are making the transition from summer to fall. Though all these girls allude to current trends in their outfits, they have all managed to adapt their outfits to give an overall sense of individuality, which is, in our opinion, the point of fashion.
Ready to get inspired for fall? September’s Street Chic is loaded up with comfortable and cozy picks, from draped cardigans to chunky knit scarves.
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT:
1. This girl has put together the perfect outfit for September, combining summer and fall essentials, from her skimpy tee dress to her oversized army jacket. Adding a pair of tights as the weather gets colder will move your outfit through the winter months. You can recreate this look by picking up this Peplum Army Jacket ($106) by Maharishi and adding these Tammie Lace Up Suede Booties ($195) by Pelle Moda. To add the final touch, grab Topshop’s Square Pushlock Holdall Bag ($70).
2. Last week the New York runways were teeming with harem pants and this girl shows us why we’re in love with this trend. Perfect for a day out walking the streets of a big city, a pair of harem pants will leave you looking down to earth and totally effortless. Steal this look by pairing Free People’s Convertible Harem Pant ($78) or Oak’s Overdyed Zebra Silk Harem Pants ($165) with this Slouchy Ribbed Beanie ($28) from Urban Outfitters. As this girl confirms, your look won’t be complete without a cotton scarf and this Ethnic-Print Crinkled Scarf ($38) from Cejon is ideal.
3. We always love a little bit of surfer-chic and this girl has that style down pat, from her blonde locks to her tie dyed top to her bright blue sunglasses. Make this look your own by pairing American Apparel’s Unisex Tie Dye Viscose Tank ($32) with these Skinny Denim Shorts ($125.30) by Paige and the Sky Sunglasses ($117) from Super Sunglasses. To move this look into fall, grab this Patterson J. Kincaid ‘Seoul’ Slouchy Top ($88).
4. Our Street Chic picks wouldn’t be complete without a unique take on bohemian fashion. This girl mixes a lace tunic with knit tights and wedge heels. The overall effect lands somewhere between boho chic and dirty rocker. Snag the same effortless look by trying Mink Pink’s Lovina Tunic/Dress ($138) or Popcorn’s Long Sleeve Lace-Up Tunic ($254). Add these Ankle Zip Leggings ($38) by Silence & Noise and these Parfum Wedge Ankle Boots ($199.95) by Ash.
5. For the past few years, Doc Martens have been making a steady comeback and we love his this girl has combined the grunge staple with a stylish cape and a printed scarf. Ready to try this look? Eryn Brinie’s Cape With Bow ($195) is ideal paired with Tolani’s Cheetah Cheetah Scarf ($99). The look won’t be complete without a genuine pair of Docs so head over to Yoox to get their Doc Martens ($89) in Purple.
6. While the other looks have all had a touch of color, this outfit is classic and dark, with the girl opting for a nearly all-black ensemble. Get this look by pairing this Drape Duet Cardigan ($48) from Arden B with Topshop’s Embellished Crop Top ($70) and a black jumpsuit. When you’re opting for all black, you’re giving yourself the perfect opportunity to accessorize. We like this Flamenco Beaded Necklace ($8.80) from Forever21.