There is no clear recipe for success when I begin my seasonal shopping, but there are always a few key rules that I try to follow—and a few I try to break—and this winter it is no different. As always, I began my wishlist by scooping up a few weather-appropriate pieces. This winter that meant grabbing an army-style parka to protect me from the elements and a pair of cozy-yet-chic pajamas for those lazy Sundays when I am not quite ready to face the day. Naturally, given the time of year, a party dress is essential and I am definitely lusting over this metallic party dress from Topshop. When paired with a little leather jacket and black pumps, it is oh-so stylish. In winter, I also like to pick up a couple of chic separates and this season I am looking for a luxe velvet blazer to pair with my party dresses and an animal-emblazoned sweater that I will pair with skinny jeans and ankle booties. Speaking of ankle booties, I am loving boots with unusual details this winter so this Alice + Olivia pair is perfect. I also plan to pick up a satchel bag and a stackable ring set. On that note, click inside to find details on my exact editors’ picks and make sure to tell me what your essentials are this winter. Happy shopping!
- Animal-Intarsia Wool-Blend Sweater ($177) by DKNY
- Knitted Metallic Mesh Dress ($160) by Topshop
- Flannel PJ Set ($42) by Gap
- The Fiance Velvet Blazer ($185) by Bop Basics
- Pashli Mini Snake-Print Leather Satchel ($950) by 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Stackable Rings ($145) by Gorjana
- Dorris Cheetah Haircalf Booties ($277) by Alice + Olivia
- Removable Faux Fur Lining Parka Coat ($150) by Vila
Get The Best of Mama's A Rolling Stone
Join our newsletter and stay up to date on the latest street style, clothing reviews, sales & more.