A chunky knit sweater is a fall essential—it is perfect for layering, cozy and comfortable, and it is oh-so stylish. The question is: how to style it? Happily, our latest Style Guide has some fresh inspiration thanks to the lovely lady pictured above, who was spotted out and about in New York recently. The key to this look is balance. Although our muse has opted for a bulkier look on top, she has offset the oversized silhouette of her sweater-and-scarf combo by picking slim-fit jeans and tight boots. By adding a few boho-chic accessories—specifically, a felt fedora hat and a leather saddle bag—our muse has created an easy-to-wear, modern-boho ensemble. Ready to try this look yourself? Click through for our key pieces.
- Marl 3 Strap Flat Boots ($25) by Boutique 9
- Fringed Scarf ($394) by Bottega Veneta
- Knitted Textured Slouch Jumper ($76) by Topshop
- Saddle Satchel ($35.94) by ASOS
- Dunaway Wide Brim Hat ($175) by Rag & Bone
Photo: Mr Newton