Double denim is a tricky look to pull off without looking like a cowgirl or Britney and Justin circa 2001. Happily, thanks to brands like Chloe and Chanel, celebrities like Alexa Chung and Sienna Miller, and a slew of street style starlets, double denim has become a fashion moment you can pull off! Just look at the street style muse pictured above, who was spotted on the streets of Paris, for inspiration. Her trick? First, break up your denim pieces with stylish separates such as a boyfriend blazer or slouchy tee. Then, make sure your denim pieces are different hues of blue, such as pale icy blue and dark inky blue. The result is a double denim look that is fashion-forward and fresh, all at once.
- 12″ Pencil Fit Jeans ($160) by J Brand
- Vintage Reissue Lock Leather Crossbody Satchel ($238) by Fossil
- Selvege Chambray Shirt ($98) by J Crew
- Rosebud Salve ($8) by Smith’s
- Effie Suede Wedge Booties ($130) by Sam Edelman
- Razor Blazer ($395) by Rag & Bone
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.
Images: Vanessa Jackman