There are few prints that work as well in summer as a floral—after all, they suit the mood of the season, they stand out, and they have a lighthearted appeal. If you have been looking for new ways to incorporate florals into your summer wardrobe, make sure you take inspiration from the lovely lady above, who was spotted recently on the streets of New York City. Our modish muse is stepping into summer in style with a pretty pleated floral skirt. By pairing it with a breezy blouse that ties at the waist, she has created an unfussy and effortlessly chic look that would like just as at home at a hotel cocktail bar as it would on the streets of Milan. Throw in a few key accessories—red suede peep-toe heels, tortoiseshell sunglasses, and a dash of bright red lipstick—and you have yourself the perfect ensemble for summer.
- Orencia Shirt ($235) by Theory
- Colour Riche Lipstick in True Red ($6.99) by L’Oreal
- Cat’s Eye Sunglasses ($149) by Tory Burch
- Floral Printed Skirt ($225) by Tara Jarmon
- Andora Knot Suede Peep Toe Shoe ($221.58) by Carvela
Photo: Anne Ziegler