When summer arrives, it is always tempting to stock up on sun dresses and sandals, but if you really want to create the ultimate wardrobe, it pays to plot out your plan of attack before your shop. With a great strategy in place, you will be able to give your wardrobe new life, plus you will have enough new pieces that—with the help of the pieces you already own—you will be able to create an entire season’s worth of outfits. Sounds amazing, right? On that note, let us introduce you to the eight pieces you need this summer: a pair of cropped pants in a pastel hue; a boldly-printed swimsuit; a bag that goes from day to night; a fun sandal; a breezy bohemian blouse; a gold cuff; a pair of printed shorts; and a little white dress. While each of these pieces is just right for this summer, none is so trendy that it can only be worn once. On the contrary, these are pieces that will last season after season, so think of them as an investment. With that said, click through to see eight examples of the pieces you should be looking for this summer. Happy shopping!
- If you’re going to buy pants, buy a cropped pant in a pastel hue like Zara’s Cropped Trousers ($36).
- If you’re going to buy a swimsuit, buy a printed swimsuit like ASOS’s Knitted Crochet Bikini ($50).
- If you’re going to buy a bag, buy a day-to-night bag like Mango’s Quilted Messenger Bag ($20).
- If you’re going to buy shoes, buy fun sandals like Tibi’s Amber Flats ($204).
- If you’re going to buy a top, buy a bohemian blouse like Rebecca Taylor’s Printed Silk Blouse ($295).
- If you’re going to buy jewelry, buy a gold cuff like CC Skye’s Enamel Hing Cuff ($165).
- If you’re going to buy shorts, buy printed shorts like Tibi’s Printed Stretch-Cotton Shorts ($200).
- If you’re going to buy a dress, buy a little white dress like Dolce Vita’s Valentina Lace Dress ($275).