This month, we’re pushing aside our inner gypset girl, breaking away from our feminine side and ignoring the rocker inside of us that is just dying to come out. Why? There’s a new girl in town that is ready to break loose: the modern cowgirl. For today’s story, that means torn and frayed denim, layers of fringe, weathered leather belts, faded cotton and an abundance of turquoise jewelry, all packed nicely into a tooled leather saddle bag or strewn across the backseat of your battered car.
For Top Buys: Cowgirl Blues, we’re taking inspiration from a slew of different sources. To start, we simply had to go back to Elle’s February 2009 issue; much-adored style director Kate Lanphear styled comeback kid Trish Goff in Outlaw Country (pictured below), an ode to traditional Western style mixed with modern-day global cool. In addition, we looked to the runway for more muse-worthy ideas; D&G’s Spring 2010 show channeled the American West’s sexy side, while Ralph Lauren’s Spring 2010 show was all about the blues (various shades of denim, that is).
Whether you are heading into the wild west this summer or just looking for some fresh style inspiration, we are sure you’ll find plenty to love in our latest edition of Top Buys.
- Coin Oversized Cuff ($40) from Topshop
- Hammered Ring ($305) by Soixante Neuf
- Dree Fringe Stilettos ($615) by Alexander Wang
- Minsk Scarf ($19.99) from ModCloth
- Studded Cutoff Shorts ($78) by Blank
- Terra Shirt ($165) by Calypso
- Denim Vest ($39.95) from AE
- Studded Reptile Leather Belt ($182) by Fausto Colato
- Seaside Cowgirl Hat ($9.80) from Forever 21
- Festival Of Lights Fringe Skirt ($87) by Nanette Lepore
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.