One of the best ways to get inspired is through a good book. We have rounded up 8 must-reads that range from Residential Design to the Markets of Paris. For your inner-fashionista, you’ll find books including 100 Fashion Designers, Fashion Illustrations, to the intimate life of Diana Vreeland. Take some time, sip a drink, and enjoy!
1. Best of Residential Architecture and Design ($35) by Cindy Allen- Best of Residential Architecture and Design recognizes superior architecture and interior design in the vast world of residential homes. Includes gorgeous photographs and inspiration.
2. Empress of Fashion LP: The Life of Diana Vreeland ($23) by Amanda Mackenzie Stuart- From her career at the helms of Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue, to her reign as consultant to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, this book delves into the life of Diana Vreeland as you’ve never seen before.
3. New Icons of Fashion Illustration ($28) by Tony Glenville- In this book, 28 masters of fashion illustration from across the world are featured, in a grand tour of the best work currently produced. Using different techniques and styles, these illustrators let us see fashion in a whole different light.
4. Pattern: 100 Fashion Designers, 10 Curators ($50) by Editors of Phaidon- PATTERN is the follow-up to the 2005 Phaidon success SAMPLE, presenting 100 of the most creative fashion designers who recently rose to international acclaim. Selected by 10 of the most respected figures in the field – a mixture of leading designers, stylists, editors, educators, bloggers and writers.
5. Humans of New York ($18) by Brandon Stanton- Based on the blog with more than a million loyal fans, a beautiful, heartfelt, funny, and inspiring collection of photographs capturing the spirit of a city.
6. Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition ($14) By Dixon Long and Marjorie R. Williams- A pocket-sized guide providing an unforgettable and inspired way to experience the local culture of Paris. Use this guide to discover unique items from botanical prints and antique books to vintage clothes and jewelry, as well as gourmet foods and the bounty of the French countryside.
7. Lori Goldstein: Style Is Instinct ($54) by Lori Goldstein- An incredible anthology of the work of visionary stylist Lori Goldstein, whose interpretations of fashion and beauty have produced some of the most iconic images in fashion and popular culture.
8. Fashion Designer A-Z, Missoni Edition ($220) by Suzy Menkes- From Azzedine Alaïa to Yves Saint Laurent, this limited edition book contains a century’s worth of fashion greats from the collection of The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Click here for more great reads: Fashion Books 2012.