Hazy days and balmy nights go hand-in-hand with the quintessential American vacation: the summer road trip. For the fashion world, that means layers of loosely draped clothing, slouchy leather shoulder bags, ethnic-inspired scarves and chunky leather wedges, all packed into a weathered canvas rucksack or thrown into the back of your 1949 Hudson.
This summer, we’re taking inspiration from a slew of different sources; from Kim Noorda’s turn as a 70s-inspired vagabond in the June issue of Harper’s Bazaar, to classic road movies like Almost Famous and Y Tu Mamá También. Bearing that in mind, we have put together a chic collection of road trip-inspired items that just might inspire you to create a similarly stylish look of your own. Whether you are heading out on a summer road trip, or you are just putting together a road-ready wardrobe for another time and place, we know we have found just what you’ll want to wear.
- Luella Zip-Up Leather Platform Wedge Sandals ($405) by Cynthia Vincent
- Tropical Ikat Square ($6.99, reduced from $20) from Urban Outfitters
- Riley Pants ($253) by Torn By Ronny Kobo
- Silk Tie-Dye Handkerchief Dress ($360) by Lotta Stensson
- Anglomania Printed Shorts ($202.20) by Vivienne Westwood
- Cozumel Backpack ($159) from Nine West
- Ellowyn Silk Chiffon Vest ($300) by Diane Von Furstenberg
- Grace Tunic ($143) by Winter Kate
- Cropped Leather Jacket ($944, reduced from $1,888) by Matthew Williamson
- Bestival Boots ($328) by Free People
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.