Forget being a girl about town. Why not become a girl of the world? From the exotic desert cities of Morocco to the jungles of Indonesia, it’s time to bring the world traveler look to your closet. Just to be clear, we’re not talking about the shabby chic and rugged aesthetic of a backpacker; we’re talking about the glamorous styling of a girl who’s been to some of the most far-flung locales in the world.
So how do you incorporate the world traveler look into your closet? Think tribal designs, printed kaftans and beaded sandals with a heavy dose of ethnic jewelry and sun-blushed skin. Head out into the city, wherever you are, and see where the world takes you.
1. Bright Tribal Smocked Dress ($9.99, reduced from $19.80) from Forever21 // There may be several components to every outfit but this dress will perfect the world traveler look in one go and at a budget-friendly price. Pair this with ethnic sandals, throw on a draped cardigan when it gets cold and you’re good to go.
2. Sanzo Sandal ($89.95) by Steve Madden // No matter what you wear, this pair of beaded sandals will add the finishing global touch to your outfit. Pair these with jeans, a sarong or a printed kaftan for a look that screams hippie-luxe.
3. Outlaw Clutch ($295) by Twelfth St by Cynthia Vincent // Wherever you are in the world, a cute bag is an absolute essential for every girl. This clutch bag has all the elements of the world traveler look and is still practical and sturdy.
4. Vintage Orange Dress (€129, reduced from €255) by Juicy Couture // A dress like this needs no introduction. This kaftan-style tunic is the perfect piece for your traveling wardrobe. Wear this with beaded sandals, over leggings when it’s cool or simply over your bathing suit when you head into the ocean.
5. Orcha Black Multi Color Turtle Neck Sweater (€280) by Marc by Marc Jacobs // Even in the desert, it can get cold. This turtleneck sweater will keep you looking oh-so-stylish while still rocking the global-girl vibe. Pair this sweater with distressed jeans for a contrasting look.
6. Mixed Tribal Print Tank ($12.80) from Forever21 // If you’re hiking into the jungle or rafting down a river, this tank will keep you comfortable while still adding some style to your outfit. Pair it with distressed denim shorts and pile on the ethnic beads for a breezy, nonchalant look.
7. Spectrum Tie Skirt ($40) from Fred Flare // An essential item in any suitcase is a printed skirt that can be dressed up or down. Paired with a simple white tank top, you’ll look classic and chic and the bright colors will keep you feeling summery and lighthearted.
8. Wide Stitched Bangle (€20) by R J Graziano // This simple yet bright bracelet is the perfect accessory for the girl who wants to incorporate some global-cool but doesn’t know where to start. For a fresh look, pile it on with several other bracelets.
9. Ribbon Party Sunglasses ($49.80) by Betsey Johnson // From the jungle to the desert, protective eyewear is essential to your look. If you’re after sunglasses that are lighthearted yet still glamorous, this pair should be your first pick. The tribal print and oversized silhouette are perfectly on trend.
10. Erin Tribal Swimwear Top ($30, reduced from $40) and Gypsy Tribal Swimwear Bottom ($28.50, reduced from $28.50) by Billabong // The final piece to add to your world traveler collection is a printed swimsuit and this is the ideal choice. You can rock this on the sand, then throw on a beaded kaftan and head straight to a beachside restaurant for dinner.
Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.