What’s in my bag? Right now, not so much. I am so broke I don’t even have a cell phone. So I have put together this “fantasy edition” – the bags and bag contents that I would love to have, in a perfect world. In a few months I’ll put together the real deal.
If I am honest, I would take all three of these bags. The Chloe bag for those days when I want to add a little bohemian luxe to my style. The Chanel for when I am feeling more classic or “party girl”. The Balenciaga for when I want to be tough and fierece. All need to be big enough to carry the loot mentioned below!
THE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- Firstly, the necessity – this bejeweled pocket mirror from Sephora (the Calypso Soul, to be specific). A mirror is very important for touching up your make-up on the subway or picking the spinach from your teeth after dinner.
- Secondly, some Perfumeria Gal lip balm. Apart from adding some much-needed shine to your lips, these tins are too cute for words.
- Finally, a little Marc Jacobs Daisy bottle to spritz on when needed. I am wary of keeping perfume in my bag for fear of it spilling, but this is made for the travelling girl.
- A pair of oversized sunglasses are very important when you have the sudden urge to go incognito or you are hiding dark, puffy eyes. A printed pair and a solid pair will get you by on any occasion.
- This Balenciaga Arena Money purse has everything I like in a purse – zippers, studs, buckles, leather and a whole lot of credit card pockets (coming from a girl with five credit cards.. now you see why I am broke).
- A Blackberry Curve 3900 – I have been eyeing this little number since it came out three months ago. This is my first purchase when I find myself a job!
- I would like to always have a couple of good magazines handy – perfect for when you find a park bench in the sun or you need a Starbucks coffee break. If you’re in NYC, Nylon always has a crazy place to check out.
- Moleskine Museum notebooks are great for any ideas/notes you want to make in your travels. In my fantasy bag, they’d be filled with sketches of clothes that I wanted to design.
- A colorful Ipod to get your boogy on. I’ve been craving a colorful ipod for a while now – I still have a white one from 2004. The fantasy ipod comes in purple and is filled with my favorite tunes.