Our feet are put through a lot during the winter, but at least they’re not on display. Now that we’ve officially entered flip-lop and open-toe shoe season, there’s no hiding cracked calluses or unkempt toenails. Follow these steps, and you’ll have smooth, pedi-ready feet all summer long (even if you opt not for “au natural” nails).
1. The Body Shop’s Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak, $16, creates a soothing, cooling sensation that’s perfect for the summer.
2. We love Philosophy’s “Soul Owner,” $16, which contains salicylic and glycolic acids for extra exfoliating oopmh. The Ped Egg, $17, can be used on dry skin so it’s great if you don’t have time for a soak.
3. Sally Hansen’s Sole Control 2 Step Foot File, $5, is a excellent, inexpensive sole buffer.
4. Clip nails straight across to avoid ingrowns later down the line. Then use a nail file, like Ms. Manicure’s Mini (which comes with a clipper), $1, to achieve your desired shape.
5. Butter London’s Kitten Heels Powder Finish Foot Crème, $30, provides instant hydration while also leaving a silky, powder finish.
6. If you’re planning to give your tootsies some color, always start off with a base coat, like Essie’s “First Base” Base Coat, $8.
7. Just as important is the top coat. Try Deborah Lippmann’s “On a Clear Day”, $20.
by Susan Linney